Youtube training – SEO Tips
My name is Alex Copeland and I work with Richard Fairbairn and the Online Success Model Team. This is the next video in our YouTube traffic course. In this video we’re going to cover SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
You might think this is only restricted to things in Google, but YouTube and videos also have their own version of this. And the best thing is it’s free, organic traffic. If you can get this right and you can get lots and lots of different visits and not have to pay a penny for it. And not only that, but they are targeted as well because they’re searching for the things that you want them to see you for.
What exactly is YouTube SEO and what tips can I give so that you can make sure you’re using it on your own channels?
- YouTube favours longer videos because they want people to stay on YouTube longer. Quick snippets of a video aren’t going to keep people’s imagination or keep them interested. So make sure that you have slightly longer videos and you will be able to keep people on there longer and therefore rank higher.
- YouTube also values the Watch time. This is the amount of time that people are taking to watch your videos online. This means people are intrigued or interested enough to stick around with your video. And this has got more weight than keywords and in other words techniques. So if you do anything at all make your videos interesting enough to make people stick around. The higher your watch time the higher you’ll show up in the search results.
- YouTube also favours videos that are first watched by people when they first land on YouTube. This is great if you’ve got something on the front page or maybe you could put it as the trailer on your channel so that people watch it straight away.
- Gain a higher amount of subs is great. It’s definitely something to strive towards. But YouTube doesn’t necessarily rank videos higher just because you’ve got higher subs so don’t think of this as the only thing you should be going for.
- Views are also very important. When you’re looking at the channel, you can take the viewers in total. So obviously the more videos you make the more viewers you’re likely to get and this will help you rank too.
- Create great content that people want to watch and this would be a great way to rank. If you do something that people are interested in then they’re going to get watched and all the stuff I’ve already mentioned will come into play. But how do you get this great content that people actually want to see. Well, one of the ways is to create videos and titles based on YouTube search predictions. To do this all you have to do is go over to YouTube and then type something into the search bar. I put ‘how to make’ because instructional videos are usually very intriguing to people and they stick around and watch them. And as you can see it’s given me a load of different suggestions as to what I could base this video on. By doing this and by adding little questions into the search bar you’ll come up with tons of different ideas to base a video around.
- Another great way to find out whether you’re actually placing what you want and what sort of ranking you have is by using an extension called TubeBuddy. This is a Chrome extension that you install and it helps create keywords for you, optimize your SEO and generally help grow your channel. This is something I use myself and I love it. If you want to find out more about it then it’s best to go over and have a look at their website at www.tubebuddy.com . I highly recommend it and a lot of the YouTubers recommend it too.
If you start using these tips and possibly TubeBuddy as well you’ll definitely see the benefit in your YouTube SEO.